My boys have never really enjoyed coloring or drawing. They have really short attention spans when the crayons come out and after a few scribbles they are done.
I thought that for something fun this year I would get a book from the series, "Draw, Write, Now" which I had seen on several homeschooling blogs. The first book is how to draw farm animals, and it gives simple, step-by-step instructions. I was excited to see how the boys would like it!
I must admit I was surprised with how much they have enjoyed it already. The first day we did some drawing they wanted to do several animals. I drew each step on our whiteboard as they worked on their papers at their desks.
I was so shocked when I walked over and saw Nathan's picture - it actually looked like a chicken! He did such a great job following the directions! I think he may be my little artist :)
Thursday, August 08, 2013
My Little Artist
Thoughts from Rachel at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
way to go Nathan! And I have read a lot about that too - I'd love to hear more about what you think.
awww I want to see the other kids chicken's too!
Post a Comment