Yesterday I got to spend the whole morning alone with this little {big} guy! I'm not sure when he went from being a little toddler to a great big preschooler but it sure has happened. He is so much fun to be around - full of joy, laughter, giggles, and silliness!
The reason for our time together wasn't super fun - a trip to the allergist - but as it turned out to be just a check-up with no testing it wasn't too bad. He goes back in December for testing to see if anything has changed with his food allergies. I seriously don't know what I could do if he could eat eggs again. I've spent 3 years learning to cook without them - I'd have to start all over!
This little one just walked all the way across the room to see me!
She is such a joy and doing so well. We are on day three of being diaper free in the daytime and it is going really well. She came home potty trained but could not tell us when she had to go and being so busy I couldn't remember to take her all the time so we just went back to diapers. Now that she can sign "potty" she tells us every time! She has not had any accidents today and I'm excited to be saying good-bye to diapers. We have seen so many more smiles over the last few weeks and I really feel like she is letting her guard down and starting to really trust and love us. She fills up a place in our family that I didn't even know was empty!
These two are becoming the best of friends :)
Every night before bed, Hannah waves and says, "bye-bye" and then sticks out her bottom lip - this is how she lets us know she wants to give a kiss! She cannot go to bed until she has kissed and hugged each and every one of us!
This picture just makes me smile. What an amazing Dad this guy is!
I must be honest and say that things have not been the easiest around here the last couple of weeks. There has been a lot of good, that's for sure. But we have been struggling with behavior issues with the boys and it is just so tiring. Sometimes we feel so ill-equipped to handle it. Sometimes I haven't a clue for how to deal with things and it wears me out. Some days I feel like such a failure as a Mom and wife. Exhaustion and busyness are challenging for a marriage (of course everyone faces this, I don't think these problems are unique to us!) and these days we find it hard to have time together to have real and meaningful conversations. We've not done a good job at that but we are working on it. I'm so thankful that through it all I know I am not in this alone - Brad is always on my side, always there to help and encourage me, and we are a team. I'm so thankful that through the ups and the downs we are in it together!

2 comments:
loved it all, and I could have written the last paragraph. Oh my - behavior issues up the wazoo around here. I'm not getting anything done around the house because I am actively parenting all. the. time. I know we are adjusting to summer, but geesch! It's exhausting!
Hang in there!!
Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog. Your family reminds me a lot of mine; we have two bio boys ages 5 and 7, and our 5 year old has an egg allergy. Like you, I can't imagine cooking w/eggs again! Our daughter is almost 3, adopted from Korea. And we're waiting for a referral for a special needs little girl from China. :)
Jen
Post a Comment