We've entered a new season in our household - two little boys no longer nap every day! While it was a bit of a bumpy transition at first, we have now settled into a lovely routine that is working well for everyone.
After battling with Nathan for an hour or more every day, I decided it just wasn't worth it anymore and instituted a half hour "rest time" for the boys. They each get a pile of books and they sit in their beds reading (for the most part silently). I put soft music on and they have come to L-O-V-E this time of day! After lunch, Nathan starts to ask if he can go and read books in his bed! I usually put Hannah down for her nap first and then get the boys settled in their room. That way I get to enjoy a full half hour of silence.
After half an hour I go and get the boys. Rest time continues in that they have to be quiet until Hannah gets up, but they are allowed to play quietly with toys in their bedroom or the living room until then. They do a great job with this and often choose to play with trains or blocks together.
Little Miss still sleeps easily everyday after lunch for 1-2 hours. She sleeps in her crib, but every time we put her up on the bed she climbs into our bed with her bear, ready to go! We give her a bottle and then for naptime she is usually ready to go to sleep on me right away. I'm thankful she does so well for naps.
I'm so glad for this quiet part of the day. I think we all need it! Plus it helps us get ready for the craziness that is dinner/bath/bedtime later on! I'm so thankful this is working.

1 comments:
we have an hour quiet time for everyone in the house - no matter the age! - each day because it's good for me but also, really good for them. I notice a difference in each of them if they don't have the downtown each afternoon, by themselves. So glad you found something that is working for you!!
Post a Comment