I am sitting in the backyard enjoying the silence as my two little guys are happily playing together in the sandbox. Apparently digging takes a lot of concentration!
It has been a wonderful few days so I thought I'd share a few of the highlights.
Saturday was a great day. I started out the day with a 5k race with two good friends. My friend, Hayley, and I just started running together again after almost a year off (thank you, mono) and it is so good to be back at it. The race went very well, I beat my personal best time by over a minute and a half and came in third in my age group (out of 9!). I was so thrilled, I have never placed before except when there are three or less people in my age group :)
Saturday night we had a P-A-R-T-Y to celebrate this little guy!
Nathan's adoption was finalized in December, but with life being what it was at that time I just could not pull together a party. Plus, our house is small and we wanted to have lots of people over! We finally got to celebrate and we had a great time just being together with our family and friends who have supported us and loved us through everything this last year.
Funniest moment of the party: when Matthew went up to Brad and said, "Daddy, I'm having a little problem with my chocolate." And Brad looked and saw it was everywhere! Not sure how he got it behind his ear...
My parents are here this week and it is wonderful!
They are watching the boys tomorrow night and Brad and I are going to the cottage. Alone. Without children. Our first getaway in almost three years. I think I can hear the hallelujah chorus....
In China when a child is abandoned, they place what is called a "finding ad" in the newspaper. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is...but anyway, we found a gentleman who finds these ads for adoptive families, and today I saw Hannah's for the first time. It has a picture of her from when she is pretty little along with info about where and when she was found...she is so beautiful she takes my breath away. We will be getting a copy of the original paper that her ad in the mail soon. Such a sad and important and difficult piece of her history :(
Our home study should be finished this week or early next week...I am so eager for movement it is unbelievable. But God is faithful and I see evidence every day of how He is preparing the boys and Brad and I for another little one to join our family. We are in such a different place than even just a month ago, and there is so much peace in our home these days. I'm thankful for a break from difficult, even if it's just a short one :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment