Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going on a trip!

Last week I got two very exciting pieces of news. The first and most exciting piece of news is that one of my dear friends, Dana, is getting married this summer! I can't wait to meet the man who has won her heart :) The second piece of exciting news actually comes because of the first piece of news...I found out that Dana will be getting married in British Columbia (which, for all of my American friends who may not know, is the most western province in Canada). Brad and I had been hoping to take a trip to Wyoming this fall, but we have decided instead to go to the wedding in BC! I am super excited about the trip, and also to attend this special wedding at the end of July.


Brad and I are going to fly to Seattle (which will be an adventure in itself because we have never flown anywhere together before), stay there for a few days and do some sightseeing, and then we are going to drive about 3 hours north to Vancouver, British Columbia. We hope to stay in BC for 5 or 6 days and take some time enjoying the mountains and other amazing scenery. My aunt and uncle live in Vancouver and we are hoping to get to spend some time with them as well while we are over that way.

This will be our first big trip together and I am already enjoying the planning as we start to think of what we want to do while we are away. If anyone has been to either place and has suggestions of things we have to do/see while we're there, we'd love the input! Let the countdown begin - 9 more weeks!

3 comments:

Renee said...

YAY! What a fun vacation! Craig and I went to Seattle a few years back in the Spring. It was beautiful, but really rainy. I'm sure it will be even more beautiful in the fall!!

Melissa B. said...

Hi Rach,

You prompted me to pull out my scrapbook from our trip out west. If you can, a ferry trip over to Victoria is wonderful - it really is one of the most beautiful towns I've been to. By far my favourite place was Stanley Park. The trees and the scenery are amazing! While we were there, we also visited the Vancouver aquarium which was neat as well. I hope you have a great time and tell Dana congrats!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Very exciting! Traveling together is such a fun thing!