Every day I feel it...we are getting closer and closer to Olivia coming home! I am so anxious to meet this little girl that has occupied our thoughts and prayers for the past months. We are praying for that LOA from China...I remember with Hannah's adoption that things felt like they were really moving after that point!
We've decided after tons of deliberating to take Hannah with us to China. There are a whole bunch of reasons and even though it may not seem like it, we really think it is the best option for our family. I am excited and super nervous about how things will go taking her on that looooooooonnnnng flight!
We have made some major changes around our house this week, splitting up the kids into the two bedrooms and moving our bedroom somewhere else in the house. This seems to be alleviating the pressure in our house so much as there is so much more room to play on the main floor! I just love it even though it is making nights more difficult for the time being.
Yesterday we got great news - someone from our adoption agency is heading to China in a couple of weeks and she will be visiting with our Olivia! We will get new pictures and video, and we get to send her a care package! I am so, so thrilled. I know she won't understand, but it is very special for us to get to send her something, and I also hope it helps her foster family in the transition ahead to see how much we love her and a little about us. I can't wait to go shopping!
We are all a little sick at the moment, nothing major, but it has made me realize just how few times this winter we have been sick! It used to be all the time, every week someone was sick. Last winter was so difficult! I am so grateful for our good health this winter.
It's early in the year but I am starting to think about school for next September and make some plans. It is fun and overwhelming and exciting and stressful and I'm just thankful for the opportunity to homeschool right now. We continue to reassess and evaluate and discuss sending the kids to school but for our family right now this is just a great fit, so we press on in this direction. It will be interesting to add in another little one (my eyes just got really big at the thought of it....) but I'm sure we will find our new normal after a while. I am so ready for her to be here with us!
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Closer and Closer
Thoughts from Rachel at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
So, where did you put your room?? But I am glad the changes are helping. And thinking ahead about homeschool, yum, yes. all the time. I get that! So excited that you are getting closer to bringing Olivia home!!!
Post a Comment