There really are no words for how full my heart feels tonight. I am absolutely blown away by what God has done for us. I am humbled, overwhelmed, astounded...it is just so crazy.
Three months ago we had a $14,000 need for our adoption. We didn't know where it would come from. This whole adoption has been so much more of a step of faith for our family than we have ever experienced before. Truthfully, it was scary. I like to plan, I like to know what is going to happen and how everything will work out. This adoption has been the opposite of that in so many ways. My faith has been stretched, and changed, and it has been deepened day by day as I have seen the hand of God at work in our lives.
He has done what only He could do. He has provided everything we need in ways we never could have imagined! It has been an incredible, amazing journey and I'm so glad we had this need so that we could see just how BIG He really is!
I came across this verse at the beginning of our adoption journey and it became my prayer:
"Help me, O Lord my God;
Save me according to
Your lovingkindness.
And let them know that
this is Your hand,
You, Lord, have done it."
Psalm 109:26-27
I feel like our need HAD to be big so that it could be so obvious - He is the only one who could meet our need!
How has He done this?
- Through friends and family who have donated to our adoption fund
- Through a $3000 matching grant from Lifesong that at this point is only $300 from being complete!
- Through a grant from our church's adoption ministry
- Through a refund from our home study agency because someone in China decided LAST YEAR to change post placement requirements for adoptions (and we had prepaid for post adoption visits for Hannah and Olivia!)
- Through a grant from JSC Foundation (we just heard today!!)
- Through an unexpected raise for Brad that totally came out of the blue
- Through my mom crocheting gloves and selling them to friends to raise funds for our adoption
- Three little ones who are needy
- A small house
- Finances
- We're spread so thin!
- We're so tired!
- Leaving the kids for 2 weeks
- Olivia's medical condition could be serious
- Oh the paperwork!

2 comments:
I love reading your story. We are in the process of our second adoption (our fourth child) and it almost seems like I could have written your blog post. We are still in the beginning stages of fundraising, etc, but God told us to adopt again, and therefore we are believing God to provide. Your story is encouraging, and I can't wait to follow along as the rest of your story unfolds! God Bless you and your family for your obedience! He is enough!!!
He is totally enough - we just have to trust in Him enough to go, as He said. The wonderful thing too, is that He doesn't leave Olivia is home - He'll bring you through it all too. Very happy for you!!
Post a Comment