Sunday, July 07, 2013

Bloggers Block

I can't seem to blog and I don't know why!  I have realized that there are really only two kinds of days around here - really good, and really frustrating.  On the really good days, I feel like I could go on and on about how wonderful my kiddos are, how much I love them, all the fantastic things we've done together...and I fear that I may come across as...what's the word....sappy and bragging and maybe a little sickeningly sweet :) Because some days I do feel like I might burst with love for them and life is amazing.


But.  There are other days that are not like that. Don't get me wrong, I still love them more than anything, but sometimes these little ones push my buttons all day long.  They fight from the moment their precious little eyes open.  They spill things and follow me around uncleaning everything I try to clean!  They whine and cry and hit and scream and some days it's enough to make me just about lose my mind!!!  So I don't blog on those days either, because really, who wants to hear me whine (again) about how it's hard having little kids???

There's really no in between in this season of life.  It's awesome, fun, amazing, wonderful...and it's hard, tiring, draining, sanctifying, humbling...

I wouldn't trade it for anything, really.  These days are slipping away so quickly and as much as some days I long to be free from potty training and disrupted sleep and tantrums I know without a doubt that these are precious, precious days that I will never get back.  I don't want to miss it.

So this week we are looking forward to a ton of fun!  I might even try to blog about some of it (imagine that!).

* Seeing our speech therapist who we have worked with for two years - sadly she is changing jobs in September so we are really looking forward to spending some time with her before then.

* Our first trip to the zoo this year!  Hannah's first zoo trip :)

* Taking the boys to their first movie!  We can't wait to see Despicable Me 2!

* Our first road trip and overnight getaway with three kids!  We are very excited to be able to attend a picnic for people with Microtia/Atresia, to meet other families walking this journey, to meet some surgeons and audiologists, and just to get more connected with this community.  

It's going to be a busy week and I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Eating Cheetos said...

I can totally relate to your post! The days are either one extreme or the other around here as well!

We miss you guys!

Britt said...

My brother LOVED Despicable Me 2 - he said it was better than the first one!

Yvonne said...

sounds like my life :)

glad you blogged anyway!