Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Stuck at Home

It has been a long week around here and, oh dear, it's only Wednesday!  We have had at least one member of our family sick all the time since Christmas and I am ready for a break.  This week it was Nathan's turn - nothing major, just a low fever, cough, runny nose, and general yuckiness :(  He is pretty pitiful when he's sick (except when he's mean and cranky!) and I miss my talkative, fun boy.


On the bright side, it was Matthew's turn to feel well this week.  Well, except for one night where he threw up for hours...strange.  In general though he is feeling good and that means he's a happy boy!


Since we have been stuck at home a ton lately I have been trying out some new recipes/ideas from Pinterest.  I don't know why I haven't done this before but I used to always buy oatmeal packets - I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought this was so smart!  I didn't make individual packets (no need really) but I put the oats/brown sugar mixture in a big glass jar.  Saves money, tastes great, nice and easy!

I also tried making these granola bars this week and they are great!  I am going to play around with the sugar and butter amounts a bit - they seemed pretty sweet to me.  We used raisins because I didn't have any of Matthew's dairy-free chocolate chips, and the kids loved them!  It is hard to find recipes for granola bars that are safe for Matthew so I was happy to find this one.  Actually, I think I'll go and make some now.... :)

And hopefully soon I will be able to get out of this house!!!!

1 comments:

Yvonne said...

we love granola bars around here - try making them without the brown sugar at all. the honey is likely a binder, but is probably sweet enough with just that. If you find a winning combo, let me know - those look great!

Hope your house gets well soon...