It's Friday, and I'm glad.
I start out the week so full of energy, ready to take on the challenges of the week, eager for school, looking forward to the days ahead.
By Friday, I often feel like I'm barely hanging on, counting down the hours until Brad comes home! The weekends are so great, having help with the kids, having an adult around to talk and laugh with, it's so refreshing. I really am loving these days with my little ones and don't often feel like I'm just surviving (anymore) but there is something so great about having us all together.
We don't have any big plans this weekend as Matthew is still fighting sickness and Brad came home from work early today not feeling well. I am starting to get excited about running again even though I have not been very consistent lately, and I'm looking forward to a run tomorrow morning with my new running buddy who lives just down the street! I'm hoping to maybe get some new running shoes this weekend as I have big plans for the coming year...
Before blogging I was just working on this...
...my schedule for the next few months! My goal is to run an 8k race in February (5 miles) and then to head straight into half marathon training to run a half in May. I thought about doing one this year but with adjusting to three kids and the lack of sleep I just didn't have it in me. I'm still not sure I do, but I am going to give it a try :)
My motto for this season of life: one day at a time!


1 comments:
My mother in law just turned 50 and she has run 2 half marathons in the last year and a half so I think you can do it!!!! I know that's not the same as having 3 young kids, but still....
Post a Comment