Saturday, May 12, 2012

Let's Just Start With Today

Hello, Blog!  It's been a while.  Sometimes it seems like the days are so filled from the moment I wake up until I fall into bed and I forget to do things like take pictures or blog or sit down :)  The last few weeks have been so filled with sickness and bedtime woes that I haven't wanted to post for fear that I'd just say things like "WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS SICK?" and "WHY WON'T THEY SLEEP?".  But we seem to have survived the most recent bout of illness, and bedtime is going okay again, so I'm back!

I always feel a little overwhelmed when I haven't posted for a while, not knowing where to start.  So I thought I'd just start with today!  We had a wonderful day from start to finish (well, minus the mega tantrum Matthew had at the toy store...let's just block that one from our memory, shall we?).  We started the day by putting together our new couch (pictures coming soon), spent the morning with my Mom and Dad at their cottage, then had lots of fun at a birthday party for our niece, Allie.  See all the fun we had?

I mean, there was cake...


Matthew got to meet the neighbor's horse, which he just loved...


There was lots of outdoor fun...



And bubble blowing, complete with the best bubble lips ever...


Matthew found he loves baseball (and he's actually able to hit the ball!)...


I was a little afraid going into it - the boys nap every single day without fail, but today was so full we didn't have time!  I thought for sure that we'd see at least one meltdown, but we made it through the whole party with only smiles and happy boys.  What a great end to the day!



0 comments: